donderdag 30 augustus 2012

The Black Magician Trilogy


Yes one of the trilogy's I always speak so fond about. The black Magician's Trilogy. I have written before about Trudi Canavan in my favorite authors post a while back but my brain told me I needed to dedicate an entire post to these three books. 

The Black Magician trilogy is a fantasy novel series by Australian author Trudi Canavan. The books follow a slum-dwelling girl named Sonea who, although born and raised in the slums of Imardin, discovers that she has natural magical abilities usually restricted to the upper classes. 
They describe her attempts to escape capture by the Magicians' Guild and gain control of her powers, her struggle to fit in and learn magic, and ultimately her attempts save Kyralia using the one type of magic forbidden from use. 
Although the series is composed of only three books, it is accompanied by a prequel entitled The Magician's Apprentice and a sequel series, called The Traitor Spy trilogy.

What I love about these books is that we get an entirly different take on magic, It comes from within a source of yourself. It is hard to describe but I did take this world into my heart.
The charachters are one by one unique in their sense of behaviour and plans, there for giving the books twists as you read allong. You might have had an opinion about a certain charachter but that can entirly change, it sure happend to me. 
The book holds a whole range of emotions, love, betrayel, fear, drama, romance, you name it and it probably is in there.

I didn't want to spoil to much about these books cause I can and will if I babble allong about it. But if you are keen on reading these books or maybe even the prequel or the sequel series than make sure to check out trudi canavan her website here.

2 opmerkingen: